Translate

Thursday 8 August 2013

Raspberry Ruffle Cupcakes




Baking has started to become a real hobby for me and what better time than the summer holidays to fill your days with baking.  Today I want to share a Raspberry Ruffle Cupcake recipe with you.. hope you enjoy :)




Vanilla Cupcakes (Makes 12)                                           
115g Self Raising Flour
115g Caster Sugar
115g Butter (Softened)
2 Eggs (Lightly Beaten)
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 TBSP milk







Raspberry Buttercream
4-5 Cups of Icing Sugar
1 Cup of Salted Butter
200g Raspberries
4-5 tablespoons Double Cream
Bag of Raspberry Ruffle Sweets










Method
1.Preheat your oven to 180oC and
line a bun tray with 12 paper cases.
2. Using a mixer and a large bowl,  
beat together the butter and caster
sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs, a little
bit at a time, then beat in the vanilla
extract.

4. Using a spoon gently fold in the
flour until thoroughly incorporated.
5. Add the milk and gently fold into
the mixture.
6. The mixture should now be smooth and drop easily from a spoon.  Now spoon the mixture into your bun cases.


7. Bake in your preheated oven for
around 15-20 minutes until golden
in colour and firm to the touch.
8. Leave to cool for around 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Buttercream Method

1. Whilst buns are in the oven heat a
saucepan over a medium/low and add the raspberries.
2. Continue to crush them with the
back of a spoon until they turn into
a sauce.
3. Take off the heat and put through
a sieve to remove any unwanted seeds.
4. Leave to cool completely before using.
5. When buns and raspberry juice has cooled you can now work on your buttercream base.
6. Cream the butter and add the icing sugar (about a cup at a time), when incorporated add in the raspberry juice (about a teaspoon at a time) - please note- don't add too much or your buttercream will be difficult to pipe, you want to keep it stiff around 3 teaspoons should suffice.
7. Now your buttercream is ready
to pipe onto your buns, decorate
how you wish and top with some
raspberry ruffle sweets :)

I hope you enjoyed this recipe and let me know if you try it out or if there is any recipe you swear by :)

Amy x



3 comments:

  1. I´m sure I´ll try (probably this weekend!)
    thanks for visiting

    http://elarmariodelanena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love raspberries so I will get my sister to do this recipe, I'm so bad at baking... I really like your blog, I'm following you now on gfc, google+ and bloglovin. Check out my blog and if you like it follow me too so we can keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete